My CAFE menu plan has changed 5 times in the past 2 weeks! Now I wish I would have taken pictures along the way...I just could not decide on how I wanted it to look. I ran into a few problems in my planning:
1) The menu is on a chalkboard, which I thought was identical in size to the chalkboard in my old classroom. However, it is about 8 inches shorter in height. My menu cards were barely fitting last year, and now I have less space. So, I decided to put the headers above the chalkboard.
2) I had just ordered some pretty new car door magnets from Vista Print to use as my headers. :( Obviously, my wall is not magnetic, so they would not work with my new arrangement. Thus began my search for new menu headers. I ended up using the editable labels that I purchased from Kristen Doyle.
I think I'm finally happy with the results. Who knows, maybe it will change again next week. :) I went to school early today to finish it off:
I am off to Joann Fabrics to buy fabric for my bulletin boards, and to St. Vincent De Paul's for some book shopping! One last tip I wanted to share: I keep a sample of my classroom trimmers and other patterns in a baggie in my purse, so that when I'm out shopping I don't have to wonder if something is going to match. It has been very helpful!
Time spent working on room yesterday and today: 4 hours
Cumulative hours: 80.5